- Contributors: stevenkword
- Tags: admin, automatic, automatic friends, buddypress, friends, instant friends, new members, plugin, registration
- Requires at least: 3.5
- Tested up to: 3.8.3
- Stable tag: 2.0.3
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Automatically create and accept friendships for specified users upon new user registration. * Requires BuddyPress
Upload the bp-automatic-friends folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation
Activate the plugin
Click on the "Automatic Friends" link under the BuddyPress Menu.
Configure your BuddyPress Automatic Friends options.
- Hot fix for autocomplete search results
- Now with more Portuguese - Thanks to Renato Alves
- Limits number of users returned via ajax suggest to improve performance with large datasets
- Now with more Spanish - Thanks to Maria Ramos
- Major OOP rewrite
- Admin Menu compliance with modern BuddyPress versions
- Themes options page
- Adds donate links
- Autocomplete on Global Friend suggestions
- Ajax actions for adding/removing global friends
- General beautification
- Removes hooks from account sign-up and activation.
- Friendships are now created upon a new user's first login.
- Resolves conflict with plugins such as "Disable Activation" that bypass the activation process.
- Post form to admin settings based on get_admin_url - fixes 404 upon saving form options in multisite installs
- Removed debug output on user activation page
- Update code comments to PHPDoc
- Create friendships upon user activation rather than user registration
- Update friend counts for new users upon
- Add display that shows which users are selected via the admin panel.
- Update admin menu hook to support multisite.
- Update to support BuddyPress 1.5
- First official release